Tuesday 31 May 2011

Britains Got Talent Part 2 #fb

I'm going to try and write as I watch this evening. The second act, Enchanted has just finished so here goes...

2 and a Half Men
They were ok, lots of energy, no buzzes, and they mixed the old with the new. A few flips, a bit more dancing, and a bit of slap-stick comedy thrown in. Amanda said they had a chance. I thought they were ok. Only ok. A little boring if anything.

Enchanted
They had a singer that looked like Julian Clarey. They wore Lion King type outfits, swung from the ceiling, bounced and flipped a little, but they had about 20 people doing what about 3 people could have done better. I can see why they call themselves Enchanted, but for me, they didn't enchant - I'm not a fan of the theater and this was a low-rate wanna-be theater performance. Pretty boring and 2 buzzes to boot. Simon Cowel got it right when he said he didn't get it. I didn't get it.

True to form I think the better of the acts will play later on and the best act, and the act Mr Cowel wants in the final will play last. Herbie Armstrong is just about to play. I like him, he reminds me of a solo singer/guitarist from the 60's or 70's. Let's see if I'm right...

Herbie Armstrong
He's doing a cover of Mandy in his own style but I think he's a bit off key. Let's see what the judges have to say. No buzzes. The crowd liked it. Comedian made a joke. Amanda kind of liked his version of it. Simon said he had a nice tone to his voice but said it was the wrong song choice (and mentioned his age, 60, but said he was a cool guy). The Knight Rider said he loved every minute of it - bless him. I like him and I would love to go and have a whiskey with him and talk stories of old gigs and nights out, but I think he was a little off tonight as a performer. Still, at the age of 60 he's doing pretty well.

Act 4 - Lorna Bliss (Brittany tribute act)
She got 3 no's in the auditions yet she's in the semi-finals. Got to be the body! Came out with a snake and lots of skin showing. Good start. She has got a look of Ms Spears about her. Simon and Michael have just buzzed - she's obviously not showing enough skin. Simon just buzzed. The Hoff said it was a step backwards and she didn't shock enough. Michael made a joke. Amanda said it was better than her audition - she obviously had more clothes on. Simon said the performance was as limp as her python. Lorna said she was disappointed at her performance and she held back too much. I agree, I thought she was a pretty good impersonator but I agree with the male judges, I think she should have gone more racy, more daring, and shocked. Shame. At least I don't have to visit the bathroom!

Next up - New Bounce (the Jackson Four)
I'm quite shocked, I really didn't want to like them, and even though they did sing a cover they impressed, loads. I think they sang their hearts out and looked the part too. Simon just agreed with me - I should be a judge! He said they were the first act he'd seen in 2 days that are going to be successful in their own right, and I agree. Miles better than their audition. They may even win straight through to the final tonight which will mess up Simons plans to play the best act last, but I would bet money that the act that performs last now wins through in second place! New Bounce, a name to look out for.

Jean Martyn
59 year old boogie woogie queen Jean really knows how to play piano. Very Jerry Lee Lewis without the vocals and on-fire piano. Very working mans club but very entertaining. Nice act. No buzzes. Let's see what the judges have to say... David loves her. Michael loves her. Like Victoria Wood on acid said Amanda. Simon said he shouldn't like it but he does like it.

Time for a break.

Next up a magic act. David and Karen. I love magic. Ask my friends.
It's an escape act. It wasn't bad. It was a quick swap act where the magician ended up in the locked water tank etc etc... I've seen it all before but it was well done. Simon said he liked it, and he hates magic! He said he wasn't mental about it but it worked. I did really like it and because I do like my magic so much and watch a lot of it, I guess that's why I say I've seen it all before, but to a lot of people I bet this was a really good illusion. 

Another break...
I really wanted to mention about the shit adverts that may have been on in the break (think Halifax, Go Compare, Confused.com), but there weren't any!

Up and Over It. I'm looking forward to this one.
Simon buzzed, he didn't like it. This had the added element of tap. Very original act and I kind of liked it, but I didn't like it as much as I thought I would. Shame.

That's it, and I think tonight, or this year at least I am wrong about the order of acts. Maybe we should wait and see if my theory comes back in to its own tomorrow night, but tonight I don't think the last act, Up and Over It will be making the final.  Earlier I said I would bet money that the last act to perform will come second next to New Bounce. I would like to withdraw that comment. Oops.

I think the winners tonight will be the Jackson Four. Sorry, New Bounce. Very impressive. No dog acts tonight. Phew! I'd like to see Jean Martyn or the magicians go through as well.
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Disclosure Policy

This policy is valid from 15 August 2008

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact Richard Uttley (r.uttley@ntlworld.com).

This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.

The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.

To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org
Virgin Poker