Friday 23 July 2010

...another little rant...

Ok, so I had a rant about some crappy television adverts and the state of some of Britains drivers yesterday and thought I'd follow it up with other stuff that's been going through my head since I hit the post now button.

The Natwest advert came on television again. What bullshit! You go to a bank to either put money in, or ask for money out in some form, be it a loan, a mortgage, or cash from your account (which you might use a machine for anyway) NOT talk about your baby, or if you should choose between a holiday or a car, or talk about getting engaged or married. We're more than just a bank, we're nosey bastards too! I once asked for a business account with Natwest, and it wasn't until I went to the branch to pay some cash in that they told me they had declined my application for an account. No letter. No phonecall. Nothing. My advise, stay well clear.

Gok Wan(ker) - what a nob head!

My phone just rang, and it was one of those automated sales calls. What a joke. If I'm going to speak to them (and I probably won't anyway) I'd like them to take the time to dial my number, and be the first to say hello. Why the (swear word) would they think I'm going to sign up to some service or buy some product when they can't even be bothered to put someone human on the phone instead of some computer?

I keep getting letters addressed to a girl called Mrs Angela Adams at my address, and because the letters are addressed to this person I am, apparently, not meant to open them, but I'm fed up of returning them not at this address, return to sender, so I've started to open them, and it's a good job I did. They are all from debt collection agents etc, who (apparently) have the right to come to my house when I'm not in and take goods to the value of the many thousands this girl owes, if there is no response to these letters. Answer me this. If I'm not allowed to open these letters legally, and they are legally allowed to come and remove goods from my house, what am I, by law, meant to do about it? WTF!!! I have since spoken to some of these debt collection agents who say they have been told by Equifax that my address is a possible place of contact for Mrs Angela Adams, even though I'm the only person living at this address, and I'm the only person who has lived at this address for the last five years!!! Guess what Equifax said? They won't remove her name from my address unless she asks them to do so! What a joke. She owes thousands of pounds. Do you really think she's going to phone Equifax and say she doesn't live at my address and give them her new address? Simple answer! NO!!!! ...and to make matters worse, Equifax have said they are allowed to give collection agents my address as a contact for her, and will continue to do so. Why? This is all very confusing, and very wrong. If anyone knows Mrs Angela Adams (formally of Brimington, Chesterfield, UK), can you please either post her current location, or inform Equifax of said location, or ask for her to get in touch with me. Thanks in advance.

Arrrrrrrgggghhhhhhhh.....
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Disclosure Policy

This policy is valid from 15 August 2008

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact Richard Uttley (r.uttley@ntlworld.com).

This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.

The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.

To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org
Virgin Poker