Saturday 31 May 2008

Britains Got Talent Rant No.5

5 out of 5 and the performance order is officially a fix. I know it makes for a better show if the best act performs last but it is unfair on the acts that peform earlier in the evening. Having said that, I was right all along and I can tap myself on the back - it was a fix!

Anyway, I'm not going to dwell on another ITV fixing scandal any longer, I just hope the money from the phone calls really is going to charity, and I'm going to talk about my thoughts about the show as a whole.

Escala won through to the final, and why not, they were the best act of the night and indeed the best act of the week but Piers got it wrong when he said that bookies all around the country had ripped up the odds for the show because Escala had just become red hot favourites, in fact, the aren't even the favourites, Faryl Smith is. The sexy four piece are very close second favourites and in my opinion do deserve to win and I really hope they do but I'm just thinking Faryl might get the sympathy vote too so if you are going to place a bet then she is probably your best chance of winning. Nemesis got the second spot in the final and they aren't bad but there are going to be better acts in the final so I think they may struggle to have the same impact they have had on the public so far.

I actually watched this show as a replay because I was losing at poker last night so the final is actually tonight, so best of luck to every act in the final but I hope it's going to be Escala that represent Britain all around the world, and not a jumping dog.
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Disclosure Policy

This policy is valid from 15 August 2008

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact Richard Uttley (r.uttley@ntlworld.com).

This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.

The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.

To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org
Virgin Poker